There are some things to do when you travel with babies. In the first travels with your baby, you probably forgot lots of things that you couldn’t imagine they were important. Well, you soon realized they were just indispensable! For that reason, I made a simple list that will make your traveling much easier. Take a look!
First of all, you have to make sure you don’t forget about anything there is on this list:
- Diapers – At least one for each hour you will be traveling.
- Pad to set under your baby while diapers changing – There are disposable changing pads or reusable ones. Choose the one you like the most.
- Blankets – It’s important that you bring with you a few blankets. You will use them to cover your baby, to lay down your baby on, to protect your clothes, to cover yourself when you’re nursing, and so on.
- Plastic bags – You are going to need some plastic bags for storing soiled diapers, blankets and clothes. So, bring some with you.
- Diaper rash cream
- Small bottles of disinfecting hand gel, baby wash, and baby lotion
- Extra pacifiers – in case your baby use them.
- A few of your baby’s favourite toy
- Washable bibs
- Sun hat
- Lightweight plastic feeding set with utensils, and baby food – In case your baby already eats solid food
- Clothes, socks, and booties – You should bring one to two outfits per day.
- Formula, water, and juice
- Extra bottles, nipples, and sippy cups
- Energy-boosting snacks for you
- Nightlight – It’s important for you can keep the room lighting soothingly low when you need to change diapers in the middle-of-the-night.
- Breast pump – In case you use it.
- First-aid kit – Pearhaps one of the most important thing that all people forget. Bring with you some Baby pain reliever and supplies for treating injuries.
- Sling or front carrier – It is great, especially if you are going to crowded places (just like aeroports).
- Car seat for safer travel by car or plane
- Collapsible stroller
- Portable crib or play yard
- Inflatable baby bathtub – You probably going to need this. So, just in case!
We still can give you some tips for things to do when you travel with babies. Have a look!
Always try to pack everything a few days before you travel. So, check the list above and start packing them 2 or 3 days before you leave.
Probably you are thinking that you already know all the things to do when you travel with babies. Well, I’m sure you don’t. There are always some things that we never ponder, like Use a diaper bag with a waterproof lining! A shoulder strap will help you too!
If you are going to travel by airplane, you should bring with you some extra outfits for your baby and for you too!
You can buy some medicines to prevent leaks (Now you probably are telling yourself that there are some things to do when you travel with babies that you didn’t think about!).
And there are two more things you can’t forget: Take your camera with the battery charger (and you may like to buy an extra memory card), and please, don’t forget the phone number for your baby’s healthcare provider.
These are our tips for you travel with no problems with your baby. Do you have more ideas for things to do when you travel with babies? Let us Know everything!